CROATEL company signed a contract with HDWIN that includes exclusive technical broadcast service of Arena Sport programs on both T-HT (Croatian Telecom) IPTV and DTH platforms.
Starting January 1st 2011, five HD channels are broadcasted and downconverted for SD channels (Arena Sport 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 HD and Arena Sport 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 SD).
All six Arena Sport channels are broadcasted from CROATEL’s new technical facility (TV studio) in Zagreb, Croatia. CROATEL playout system was purchased from Pebble Beach Neptune Automation Playout System and Grass Valley – K2 Server and Ingest System.
Arena Sport covers UEFA Champions League, Europa Football League, Croatian Football League, Italian Serie A Football, French Football League 1, Regional Water Polo League, LEN Champions Water Polo League, ABA Regional Baskeball League, SEHA Handball League, NHL, EHF handball championship, boxing matches etc.
- Pebble Beach systems automation Neptune which is a fully featured automation system designed to automate the acquisition, media management and playout of TV channels
- Grass Valley Aurora Ingest and Aurora Browse platform which supports 8 HD ingest channels K2 Summit and 2 ingest channels HD/SD K2 Solo with Dyno Controller
- Grass Valley SAN storage with capacity of 32 TB
- 3 Grass Valley K2 playout servers, 4 channels per server
- 6 Junger Audio mixers
- 6 commentary booths equipped with Prospect commentary boxes
- Yamaha DM1000 audio mixer
- Sony MVS 3000 video switcher with 2 M/E busses and 4 keyers per M/E
- Miranda provides video monitoring of playout channels using Kaleido X16 multiviewer
- System also uses Miranda’s LGK and XVP modules:
- LGK-3901 channel branding processor with still/animated 3D graphics
- XVP-3901 up/down/cross conversion, compressor, limiter, expander, frame sync and delay
- 6 non-linear editing rooms equipped with Edius 6, GVG video card STORM 3G installed on HP Z800 Workstation with optical connection to SAN storage
- Graphic Workstation HP Z800 with Adobe CS5 Production Premium package, Power Mac G5 with Finalcut Studio package and 27-inch iMac with Thunderbolt UltraStudio 4K
- 6 satellite receivers/decoders Ericsson RX8200
- 4 satellite receivers/decoders Tandberg RX1290
- 2 satellite receivers/decoders Tandberg TT1260
- 12 satellite antennas of 2,4m diameter, plus one 1,8m motorized antenna
- 550 square meters of playout facility, including 200 square meters of studio with two different positions, Lite Panels lightning and three studio HD cameras
- 8 journalist workstations with Aurora Browse